Island pics

Friday, November 4, 2011

Some raw thought...


So I hit a bottom...of sorts...

Weird, I don't feel low, depressed, or like I need to get home, but I was sad yesterday.

I am not certain why it was, exactly, but I was sad. During our lunch, when Courtlyn was thanking God for the blue sky, the beautiful vista, and the opportunity we have to be here in Chile, tears rolled down my face. I was sad.

It may have been the numerous skype calls to people I love back home, that I had the day before. It may have been the calls and visits I needed to make here, in order to continue stepping towards the job search, and the unknown that is ahead. It may have been the frustrating Spanish lesson that I had had in the morning, where I wished I could just upload Spanish verbs into my brain, and all would be well. It might have just been that reality is starting to sink in. I am not going to be able to go over to hang out with my friends in PA whenever I want, or play piano with the team at West End, or speak in my native tongue to whomever I meet...or hug my nephew and niece when I hear about something going on in their life.

This is a different culture, a different life, a different adventure.

Today, I am not as sad. The sky is just as blue, I know maybe one more word in Spanish, I made many of my phone calls and visits, and wow, the job opportunities are great...I am still as far away to my family and friends back home, but I am here.

I am here in Chile. I am here with my absolute best friend and husband, Courtlyn. I am confident that God is with us on this journey. For these two things, and many more, I am grateful, and know that this is where I am to be.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart. You are in our prayers daily, and God knows your needs and will supply in His own time! Love you.

    ~Momi for Daddy, too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww...wish I was there to give you and Courtlyn a big hug right now...
    Sending love and praying for you both,
    Mom Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your honesty and being willing to feel and not just brush over things! I think life in a different land has higher highs and lower lows. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
    Brian, Krista and Brandon

    ReplyDelete