May....It's getting colder here, although the majority of the leaves on the trees that surround us in this Southern Chilean city, aren't really changing colors, there are a few with greenish brown/yellow leaves, that are dropping like flies on the roof of our jeep each day. Every morning when I light up the dash on that old Suzuki, and spin its tires up that narrow pot hole filled driveway, hundreds of leaves float off into the air like warning leaflets from bombers sent by the kingdom of winter, attempting to thwart my joy with psychological propaganda, of the impending days of darkness and downpours that lie ahead of us. It won't be long, till that sad weeping willow that so boldly blocks our view of the slow moving canal between us and the island, will be stripped bare with nothing to cover it's shame but thin dangling braches and it's promise of an even more triumphant and glorious return in the seasons ahead.
Things are transforming here indeed. We can see it all around us and in us. Beautiful and wonderful, miraculous and mysterious. Changes.... need we be afraid? Need we run from them and hide? We can pretend they aren't happening, but that doesn't change the fact that they are. We can also embrace them, delight in them, be swept up with them.
I love your blog posts,Courtlyn...well written and so descriptive!! I almost feel like I'm there! :) Mom
ReplyDelete